- Cases We Handle
- Workers' Compensation
- Automotive Accidents
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Social Security Disability
- Wills, Estates & Elder Law
- Railroad Injuries - FELA
- Environmental Toxic Torts
- Drug & Medical Device Litigation
- Our Attorneys
- About Us
- Document Center
Jason B. Penn specializes in medical malpractice and catastrophic injury litigation. Jason is committed to helping individuals that have been seriously injured by physician and hospital negligence. Jason’s cases frequently involve birth injury and trauma, cerebral palsy, brain damage, and cancer misdiagnosis.
Jason is a tireless and effective advocate. He has been involved in numerous cases resulting in settlements or verdicts in excess of ten million dollars. He obtained a $9.5 million dollar verdict against a physician’s group in Prince George’s County, Maryland. At the age of 32, he was selected to the National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40. Less than 2.5 percent of attorneys are selected to receive this award. Although not 40 years old, Mr. Penn was recently selected as a SuperLawyer also. Less than 5 percent of his peers are considered SuperLawyers.
In 2015, the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation named Jason as Maryland’s Finest Young Professional. The Maryland’s Finest are selected based on their exemplary leadership, activity in the community and their demonstration of excellence in their profession or business.
After law school, Jason clerked for the Honorable Clayton Greene, Judge of the Maryland Court of Appeals. His first attorney position was with a national civil defense firm as a litigation associate where he represented doctors, nurses, hospitals and other health care professionals in defending claims of medical negligence. While Jason’s time on the defense side proved informative, he realized that his passion was for assisting families affected by corporate greed and carelessness. Since 2010, Jason has exclusively represented victims of medical malpractice and catastrophic injury.
He proudly serves on the Board of Governors for the American Association for Justice and the Maryland Association for Justice. He is the Chair of the American Association for Justice’s Minority Caucus. Committed to implementing positive change through the judicial system, Jason is a member of the National Center for State Courts.Contact Me
Area of Practice
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal & Catastrophic Injury
Bar and Court Admissions
- Court of Appeals of Maryland
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- University of Maryland Baltimore County, BS
- University of Baltimore School of law, JD (cum laude)
- American Association for Justice, Board of Governors
- National Center for State Courts
- Maryland Bar Association
- Maryland Association for Justice, Board of Governors
- District of Columbia Trial Lawyers Association