Maryland Medical Malpractice Attorney
Medical malpractice is the term used to describe negligent behavior of a health care provider. A bad result alone is not medical malpractice. The conduct causing injury must constitute a breach of the accepted standards of care of the medical community. The precise standard differs in each State. The impact to the patient can be catastrophic, leading to serious injury or death.
Common forms of medical malpractice are:
- Birth injuries
- Surgical errors
- Nursing home neglect and error
- Medication errors
- Misdiagnosis (cancer, compartment syndrome, etc.)
- Failure to warn of a risk of the procedure (informed consent)
- Failure to recognize and/or act promptly (strokes, infections, etc.)
Medical malpractice claims are usually hard fought by both sides. Medical experts are required to prove the liability aspects of the case and vocational, economic, and other medical experts are often required to prove damages. Most cases require litigation and are extremely complex, even if they appear clear cut at the outset. The cost to do so often exceeds $100,000. Therefore, it is important to ensure that the will to pursue the case matches the resources available to do so.
Do You Need Advice about a Medical Malpractice Claim?
Why we believe we can help you:
- We have extensive experience pursuing, litigating and obtaining large jury verdicts in medical malpractice claims.
- We have the financial resources to pursue medical malpractice claims.
- We have significant experience identifying the right experts for your case.
- We have great familiarity with medical issues, vocabulary and procedure.
- We recognize that client contact is an important component of client representation.
- We care!
We hope you will contact us and look forward to being of assistance to you.